The primary objective of any mobile app is not just productivity, services or content, but to provide the best user experience. Users love to install and regularly use apps that give them a pleasant experience. From small businesses to big brands, mobile apps are the direct and best channel to reach mobile users. Also, by having just a mobile-friendly website is not enough to reach all kinds of mobile users.
Here’s why you need a mobile app for your business
Be always visible to your customersYour app is your direct marketing channelProvide value to your customersBuild your brand, trust and recognition Improve customer engagement Stand out from the competition Cultivate customer loyalty/retention
Mobile App Marketing Insights
• Gartner Report – By 2017, mobile apps will be downloaded more than 268 billion times, generating revenue of more than $77 billion.
• Business2Community.com Report – 52% of the time individuals spend on digital media is on mobile apps. This aspect clearly indicates that enterprises are generating a lot of revenue from the usage of mobile apps.
• Ericsson Mobility Report – During the fourth quarter of 2016, 132 million new mobile subscriptions were added. India has the most net additions and overall, there’s a 101% global penetration rate. Total number of mobile broadband subscriptions reached 4.3 billion.
How to build a mobile app?
• As there are bunch of app building tools available on the internet, you can start researching on how to build a mobile app all by yourself or your team.
• Consult one of the top mobile app development companies like Grace Global Software Solutions who has dedicated teams, expertise and impeccable track record of developing innovative mobile apps.
Moble App development can be categorised as:
iOS App Development
Given a choice, many users would opt for iOS devices over others mainly because of iOS Apps. The style, form factor and peak design standards of iOS devices make the iOS apps stand out incredibly.
What industry says about iOS apps
Reports from App Annie, analyst firm says that the global app economy will be worth $6.3 trillion by 2021 Vs $1.3 trillion in 2016 which is nearly four times in terms of growth rate. The research says that people have spent 1.6 trillion hours interacting with apps in 2016 and it is expected to be 3.5 trillion hours by 2021.This report also said that iOS App store is the biggest online software marketplace with an expected growth of $40 billion in 2017.
Apple iPhone continues to dominate the market in popularity and customer satisfaction. The iPad being added to the equation, you’ve got an infinite market for newly developed mobile applications.
Things to look at while choosing an iOS App Developer
• Must have already published a bunch of successful iOS apps.
• Knowing what works and what doesn’t.
• Focus on functionality and UI/UX expertise.
• Who can provide comprehensive app development services.
• Quick turnaround time.
• Who provides client references.
Android App Development
Did you know? During the last quarter of 2016, 432 million smartphones are sold across the world. Out of these, 352 million (81.7%) are Android and 77 million (17.9%) are iOS based, both making a combined 99.6% of global smartphone sales during the Q4 of 2016.
Many industry folks say, you should first prefer developing an Android app because…
• Android phones & tablets are everywhere, so you can reach a larger scope of audience.
• Easy to develop, update & maintain, as compared to the complexity of iOS.
• Play Store, the official marketplace for Android apps, is growing rapidly than ever.
Today ‘Smartphone’ is synonymous with ‘Android phone’
Smartphones, especially Android phones are everywhere. They’re used by millions of people every day to locate, research and contact businesses or brands just like yours. An Android app for your business helps you not only stay connected to your existing customers but also reach more potential customers.
• The recent report from Gartner, a global research firm, says that, by 2017, mobile apps will be downloaded more than 268 billion times, generating revenue of more than $77 billion.
• Statista.com Report – Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are the two most popular smartphone operating systems in the industry. In 2016 alone, nearly 1.5 billion smartphones with either Android or iOS operating systems were sold to end users worldwide. Android, with 80 percent of all smartphones sales, leads the market.
Windows Phone App
Windows Phone App Development
In the smartphones industry, if one believes in ‘quality is better than quantity’, Windows Phone is one good example for quality with 130,000 in-store Windows apps. This number may not be as huge as other platforms but you can see many useful apps in the Windows Store. Compared to Android and iOS, the market share of Windows Phone Apps could be less but Windows Phone means a lot to many professional users. Especially in B2B industries, Windows Phone usage is very high with the most number of committed active users.
Reaching the target audience is hassle free with Windows apps because the user engagement rates are very high. Also, the number of apps in Windows Store are less in number, which means there are less competitors for your app and marketing can be done easily.
Advantages of Windows Apps
• Universal in nature which means one Windows app works on both desktop and mobile
• Quality built phones with cool form factor
• Consistent, minimalistic and elegant live tiles design
• Work on a range of devices from basic to high end models with less or no lag.
• Proudly boasts a comprehensive suite of Microsoft products & services like MS-Office, Outlook, Bing Search, Bing Maps, Windows Live Messenger, Microsoft Anti-Virus, One Drive, Skype, Xbox, One Note etc. on the Windows Phone.
Cross Platform App
Cross Platform App Development
In order to reach wide range of audience with an app or service, limiting to one particular platform may not be wise. According to Gartner report, about 50% of apps are now hybrid. That says the importance of cross platform app development. As the number of devices turning out to be in billions, native iOS or Android app development is going to be an expensive, time consuming and tedious job. The most relevant solution for this is cross platform app development. It’s time to look at the cross platform apps that can work on different platforms.
Benefits of cross platform app development
• Cost effective
• Easy to deploy
• Quick to market
Enterprise Mobile App
Choose Enterprise Mobile App Development for Your Unique Needs
Enterprise mobile solutions combine the power of mobile computing with business context that benefits organizations and also to keep the employees connected. Enterprise mobile applications and mobile technology put together can effectively serve the customers and helps in real time decision making. Also, they help organizations establish standard operating procedures (SOP) and become a definitive means of advanced security at the end-user level. Ultimately, this will position the organization for flexible growth in terms of catering to the business requirements and availing opportunities.
Some facts and figures
• StrategyAnalytics.com Reports :-The enterprise mobile app market is expected to grow to $63 billion by 2020.
• Gartner’s research says:- By 2017, Half of employers will require employees to use their own devices for work.
• CISCO Reports:-Only 11% of end users access business applications from the corporate office 100% of the time.
• SAMSUNG’s survey says:-24% of consumers surveyed currently use a smartphone or tablet as their primary, work-related computing device.
• MarketsAndMarkets.com Reports:-The BYOD (Bring your own device) and enterprise mobility market size is estimated to grow from USD 35.10 Billion in 2016 to USD 73.30 Billion by 2021.